Tea Detox and Tea Diets seem to be all the rage at the moment. If you have ever been on social media, then I’m sure you have encountered the endless sea of celebrities and influencers hawking their “miracle” teas at you. All of them claiming it works magic and helped them “lose a bazillion pounds” Well, I thought why the heck not. I love tea, so I figured I would give one of them a try.
I chose to go with what seemed to be the most “raved” about one…Teami Tea. I got the 30 Day Kit and it included the following:
- Teami Skinny Tea
- Teami Colon Tea
- Teami Tumbler/Infuser 3.5 oz
- Silicone Tea Infuser
Teami Skinny Tea Review:
- Easy to Use – I don’t quite understand why this is loose leave and the Colon Tea is not. This is easy to use however, simply put 1 teaspoon in your tumbler, add hot water, let it steep and go.
- Taste – This tea is alright. It has an extremely “earthy” taste. If you normally prefer a more sweet tea, then you will definitely need to add sweetener to this. I chose to sweeten it with honey. I did try to forgo the honey, but I could not get the tea down without the honey.
- Effectiveness – In terms of actually living up to its claims of suppressing your appetite, I didn’t really notice a huge difference. I still felt hungry and the suppression of my appetite was more of a result of my own mental will power and wanting to stick to this detox, so I could see what the results actually were.
Teami Colon Tea Review:
Honestly, I was nervous about taking this at first. I am not a huge fan of anything that has laxative effects. That awful, crampy stomach feeling is NOT something I welcome at all. I had read a lot about this tea and there were many mixed reviews (and a few horror stories) that honestly made me nervous. Alas, I still proceeded with giving it a go.
- Taste – I am an avid tea drinker. I drink tea practically every day. This Colon tea is DISGUSTING. Like the Skinny tea, it has a strong “earthy” taste, but the Colon tea has something additional to it that just makes it gag inducing. To get this down, I literally had to let it cool down a bit, then just either chug it or put sips back like I was taking shots. I struggled so much with this. I almost completely quit cause this was nearly impossible to drink.
- 1st Time using the Colon Tea – I prepared the tea and let it steep for 1 minute. I started with a minute because I had read that anything more than a minute would make it too strong. Well, I drank my tea and waited, but ultimately nothing happened. Maybe my body was more resistant than others, but this literally did nothing.
- 2nd Time – This time, I steeped the tea for 2 minutes and again NOTHING. I was actually quite annoyed at this point and began to think that maybe I had received a bad batch.
- 3rd Time – The 3rd time trying this, I let my annoyance get the better of me. I let the bag to steep for like 5 minutes. I figured if it didn’t work after 5 minutes, then it wasn’t going to work at all. Well, let me say it worked and I paid for my temper tantrum. I drank my tea, went to bed around 11:00 PM and around 3:00 AM I woke up with a sense of urgency like never before. The cramps were terrible. I felt like my insides were being ripped out. I was not able to go back to bed. I stayed up on the couch watching TV that night until it was time to get ready for the day. Luckily, by the time I had to get ready for the day, everything had seemingly calmed down, but I felt tired and crappy (no pun intended lol).
- Every other time – The days following that nightmare, I adjusted my steeping time to 3 ½ minutes (Anything less than this did not work for me). This allowed it to work without making me feel like I was dieing. I still had that uncomfortable and at times somewhat painful, crampy feeling, but I was able to actually function and ultimately sustain the detox for the full 30 days.
I managed to complete the full 30 days of this Teami Tea Detox. I followed the instructions provided by Teami exactly and ate only the foods they recommended during the detox. I also exercised and drank lots of water. Ultimately, I did lose about 5 pounds. This likely is just water weight, but none the less it was 5 pounds. I have to say the tea is disgusting. I dreaded each time having to drink it. It made sticking to this for a month extremely difficult. I honestly do not feel any different. I don’t feel any healthier. I don’t feel like I am “cleansed”. Many people report they have fewer headaches, see improvements in their skin and have more energy. I have literally no changes aside from dropping 5 pounds. Which honestly is not really impressive. I can achieve those same results eating healthy, exercising and drinking a better tasting tea. I also really did not like that after I stopped taking this tea it took me weeks to get back to my normal “regularity”. I really don’t like that it threw off my body so much. For that reason alone, I would NEVER use this product again.
On a positive note, I will say I absolutely love the tumbler. I will definitely continue to utilize this daily with my other teas. The tumbler is well made, it’s cute and easy to clean. I had been looking for a tumbler/infuser like this for a while and could not find one. So it is perfect.
My ultimate conclusion, and yes it is harsh, but this feels like another fad diet product. We see all these celebrities and influencers pushing it, but let me remind you that most of them are partners or affiliates, so if you purchase the products via their links or codes they get paid. So of course they are going to say they lost 12,000 pounds and it’s delicious. That is not to say that there aren’t people out there that probably actually enjoy this taste (you’re crazy by the way), I am simply stating that in my opinion, I think it is the most disgusting tea I have ever tasted.
Have you tried Teami Tea 30 Day Detox Kit?
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.