When you have three dogs you tend to go through a lot of dog toys. We have an older mixed breed and two very young pure bred Siberian huskies. While our older dog enjoys casually gnawing on a bone and only a bone. The two huskies are constantly chewing EVERYTHING they can sink their teeth into. If they do not have a toy available for them to chew on, than anything at “dog level” becomes fair game to chew. We have spent TONS of money over the past few years on dog toys, so I decided to save a few bucks this time around and take a stab at making my own dog toy. I decided to make a “T-shirt Rope Bone” out of my husband’s old t-shirts that he was just going to turn into workshop rags. I figured this would be the best toy to make as the huskies love to play “Tug of War” with each other.
What You Will Need:
- 3 Old T-shirts
- Lay the T-shirt out flat
- Starting from the bottom to the top, cut the t-shirt into long strips that are 2 – 3 inches wide.
- Keep cutting until you have a total of 9 strips.
- Take each strip and stretch it out by pulling the ends.
- Take 3 stretched strips and knot them tightly together.
- Once, knotted together tightly braid.
- After braiding, tightly knot the ends.
- Repeat steps 5-7, until you end up with 3 braided ropes.
- Once you have 3 braided ropes, knot them tightly together at one end.
- Tightly braid the three ropes together.
- Tightly knot the end.
- Once you have a single braided rope, tie a large knot half way through the rope.
- Recheck the knots for tightness.
- Let you dogs enjoy their new toy!
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.