One of my favorite desserts to make is an icebox cake. They are fairly simple and require minimal effort. I love that no baking is required. One of my favorite icebox cakes to make is a Chocolate Eclair Icebox Cake.
This icebox cake is extremely simple to make. You can either purchase the premade ingredients in store or make them at home (I prefer this way). Either way this cake is delicious and you won’t be able to help but come back for more!
- 2 Boxes of Graham Crackers
- 2 cups heavy cream (Needed to make Whipped Cream)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract (Needed to make Whipped Cream)
- 4 tbsp sugar (granulated) (Needed to make Whipped Cream)
- 1 Pack of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 4 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips (Needed for Chocolate Ganache)
- 2 cups of heavy cream (Needed for Chocolate Ganache)
- In a medium-sized bowl, prepare your 8oz of whipped cream (Check out my post on how to make Homemade Whipped Cream)
- Next, in a small-sized bowl, prepare the vanilla instant pudding according to the directions on the box.
- In a large-sized bowl, combine the whipped cream and the vanilla instant pudding, until evenly blended.
- Next, in a 13×9 pan, take the graham crackers and line the bottom of the pan.
- Take ½ of the whipped cream & pudding mixture, and layer it over the graham crackers.
- Add another layer of the graham crackers.
- Add another layer of the whipped cream & pudding mixture.
- Add a final layer of graham crackers.
- Set aside.
- Next in a medium-sized bowl, add 4 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, heat the 2 cups of heavy cream until it starts to steam.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, slowly start to stir the mixture, progressively getting faster until the chocolate is fully melted and is creamy.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the top layer of graham crackers.
- Cover the pan with cling wrap and place into the refrigerator to set for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours remove the pan from the refrigerator, slice a piece and Enjoy!
- You can substitute the Homemade Whipped Cream for 8oz of store-bought Cool Whip.
- You can substitute the Chocolate Ganache for 16 oz of store-bought Chocolate Frosting. Simply melt it down and layer it over the graham cracker.
Follow me on >>instagram<< and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!