I am someone who constantly loses my keys. I am notorious for losing them in my purse, leaving them in the door knob, losing them in between cushions. I probably every week spend at least an hour if not more, just looking for my keys. Well, I have finally decided to do something about it. I have decided to make this thing called a “Key Holder”.
Maybe you have heard about this practical invention. It is where you hang your keys when you come in and they will magically be there when you need them. Some of you may laugh, but I am honestly hopeless and I feel like this simple piece will actually restore a little sanity to my mornings, since I won’t have to be a crazy woman on the days I’m running late and can’t find the dang keys.
- Scrap wood
- Hooks & Screw (For the most part the hooks should come with the matching screws)
- Screw driver
- Wall Anchor Screws
- Take your scrap wood and figure out where you want to place your hooks.
- Screw in your hooks.
- On the key holder piece, drill holes for the screws that will be anchoring the piece to the wall.
- Next, mark on your wall where you want to hang your key holder. (Make sure you use a level)
- Drill you holes.
- Hammer in your anchor pieces (If you are screwing directly into a stud you will not need the anchors).
- Put the screws through your piece and screw it into the wall anchors until your piece is flush with the wall and tightly secure.
- Give a little pull on your key holder to make sure it holds.
- Hang your keys.
Please note: The JClectic household was hit with the flu this weekend. I got knocked off my feet and still feel pretty terrible. Once, I feel strong enough to actually lift my drill and hammer again, then I will post an updated picture of this piece and my keys hanging in all their glory!